Monday, April 11, 2011

How Feeling Happy Is Pushing Me To Change

Saturday was probably one of the best days I have had in a long time. It didn’t start that way. I woke up stressed and tired. I helped my husband get the kids ready to go to their grandmothers house and then when they left I wanted to just jump right back into bed. But I had errands to run and things to do. After running to the bank and getting my eyebrows done I went to my moms. My mom was having a Reiki Session Party at her house and she said she would pay for it if I wanted to have one. I didn’t know if it would work but I kept an open mind to it.

For those of you who do not know what Reiki is, “Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that "life force energy" flows through all things. If one's "life force energy" is low or blocked, then we are more susceptible to illness and stress. When the “life force energy” is high and flowing properly, we are able to enjoy health and general well being.

Now back to what happened. My Reiki session was given by Tammy Murray Cousins (www.tammymurraycousins.com) and I have to say it was awesome. I had a Thirty minute session and I came out feeling great. I felt happy and care free. For once my stress was I don’t even know how to describe it……gone? I wasn’t worried about bills or the constant bull shit I deal with day to day, I knew it was still there in my life, but it didn‘t overwhelm me like it normally does. I was just HAPPY. I was smiling not only on the outside but on the inside as well. I could feel it, my husband could see it. My husband who doesn’t believe in much of anything now wants one after seeing how happy it made me. I felt like I was full of energy, like I was alive again!

Unfortunately in my case it didn’t last long. (For people who have severe depression or anxiety it can last for a couple days, but for people who don‘t it can last for weeks), Later on Sunday evening I was back to being depressed, not as badly as before, but I could feel the sadness again. I started crying. I really don’t want to be like this anymore. After feeling how great I felt Saturday, I never want to feel like this again. So I finally called my doctor, and I have an appointment tomorrow. I hope that this will bring me one step closer to finally feeling happy. I have everything I want in life, the family I have always wanted to have. Maybe soon I will finally be able to enjoy it.

For those of you wondering about my weight loss for the week. Well I didn’t lose anything. I gained three pounds. I ate a lot of junk during the week. Which is obviously why I gained, that and the lack of exercise didn’t help either. I am going to try to fix that this week and work out everyday, even if its just for twenty minutes. My fridge is stocked with fruits and veggies and that’s what I want to focus on eating more of. I would like to at least lose the 3lbs I gained. Well here goes nothing. See you next week followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment