Sunday, April 3, 2011

Attitude: It Is Our Best Friend Or Our Worst Enemy

This week was a busy week for me. I had a lot going on and was pretty stressed out. My son Eddie had surgery on Thursday and I was worrying about that most of the week. It was very minor and I knew that nothing bad could really happen, but regardless I was still nervous. He did really well and seems like he is in little to no pain. This week I tried to keep telling myself the things I mentioned in the last blog entry, but I forgot to say them a couple of times. I really have to try to say them every morning so maybe then I can actually start believing them and believing in myself. It really seems hard for me to stay positive lately and I want that to change.

This week I made a recipe for potato salad that was pretty good. I usually don’t like potato salad but I really enjoyed this one. We also tried an awesome baked onion ring recipe that was to die for and a chicken piccata recipe the was really yummy. I am also looking forward to trying more recipes like roasted broccoli with smashed garlic, Baked garlic lemon tilapia, and a lighter chicken salad.

I lost 2lbs this week. My goal was to lose 3lbs but since I only need to lose 2lbs a week to reach my goal for 80lbs by the end of December that is not too bad. I think from now on my goal will be to lose 2lbs every week, this way anything over that is just a bonus to me. I only worked out twice this week. I am going to focus on working out a little bit everyday. They say you should do thirty minutes of some type of cardio workout a day to stay heart-healthy. I am going try to do a little everyday from now on. If I keep adding more and more each day then it should get easier and easier and then I can eventually increase my workout and make them more intense.

I know this is going to take a while and sometimes I am going to want to give up, but I also know how badly I want this. The only person that can keep me from reaching my goal is me. I have to remind myself. “It’s not who you think you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment