Sunday, March 20, 2011

If Hunger Is Not The Problem, Then Eating Is Not the Solution

This quote right here describes one of my biggest problems. I have been eating for all the wrong reasons for so long that sometimes I don’t know if I am eating a snack because I am hungry, or because I am bored. I still find myself grabbing a snack when I am upset, even though I stay within my WW points each day. I need to realize what I am doing and change it. Another quote I found this week was : “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” Which is exactly what I need to do. I need to replace the unnecessary eating with something else. Whether it be reading a book, or some sort of exercise, or chewing on a piece of gum. If I do all that and I really do feel hungry, then I can have a snack. A healthy one.

I did not reach my goals this week. I only lost 1lb and only worked out twice. I didn’t exercise as much because my husband was working late. I really need to do it when he isn’t here as well. I just enjoy it more when I do it with him but I need to get over it and do it anyway. Even if I have to wake up early before the kids are up and get it done.
Since I did not reach my goal this week I am very determined to reach it this week. My goal is to lose 4lbs. My other weekly goals will be to work out 6 times this week and to make sure I drink enough water. I decided that my goal for the year is to lose another 80lbs. In order to do that I need to lose about two pounds a week at least. If I work hard and eat right I know I can do it.

2 comments:

  1. A pound is good....I'm Proud of you!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is a loss. As your weight goes down your ability to loose will too. I lost 50lbs on WW and towards the end I was loosing .5lbs a week.

    It's a great program! I've gone back to it after having both my kids. The best quote I ever heard at a meeting was "It never tastes as good as thin feels"

    So true. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete